Family Friendly Private Tour : Tate Modern
I'm excited to be working with the team at the Tate, and hosting this bespoke family friendly private tour at the Tate Modern. The 60 minute tour will focus on the permanent collection.
The Tate Guide we will work with is experienced and comfortable working with children, and will show us some key works in their esteemed collection. The tours focus is not just for the children, the aim is for the whole family to gain an insight into modern art, so we all leave more inspired, and can benefit from the time together.
As these tours are bespoke to the culture club attendees, and small in size, I am working closely with the Tate Tour team, and we can discuss any special requests for the tour. If you have a work of art you would like to see in the permanent collection, or have any other interests, do let me know and I will talk to the guide so that he or she can better prepare for the tour.
Myself and my 2 girls (age 7 & 9 who love little ones) will also be present on the tour to help out. We are always armed with a backpack of craft goodies to keep the kids entertained, and can step in to help draw a work of art with any little one if and when!
Come along with your kids, bring friends, or make friends. It's time to soak up some culture.
Date : Friday June 3rd, 2016
1015-1115 am Tour
This is a baby & pre-school friendly tour (children under 5 do not need to pay as a special offer for this tour) Price : £15 per family of 1 parent/carer & up to 2 children under 5 years old.
Please make a note below which times you want, or if you are flexible, I will allocated you a time. If you are joining with friends, please let me know too, so I can make sure I keep you all together.
Groups : If you bring a group of 15+ I will allocate the organiser a free ticket. Please tell me if you are the organiser, and the name of your group/ nursery etc
Tour Length ; Tours last for 1 hour.
Tickets & Meeting Point : There will be no need for hard copy tickets, your name will be on the guest list, and I will meet you opposite at the Meeting Point on Level 0 (the ground floor), this is located directly opposite the cloakroom.
... Look out for the balloons!
Late Arrivals ; If you are running late please contact Sian on 07958 385 929 or Tate Tours on 020 7887 4946 if no contact has been made your contact will not wait any longer than a maximum of 30 minutes. If you have any queries on the day please go to the information desk on Level 0.
Refunds & Cancellations : I'm sorry but tickets are non-refundable, as I have to pay the venue upfront. If you can send someone in your place, that's great. Just send me their name, mobile and email so I can stay in contact with them.
Payment : You can pay via bank transfer, (I do not accept cash), I will accept cheques on the day, or by post.
Venue : Tate Modern, SE1 9TG. (Travel & directions below)
Handy Info; You can find out more about the Tate Modern and other things to do with kids in London over on the Creative Bus Stop. Whilst I remember here is a guide to spending time on The Southbank which you might like, and here's another on 10 places that kids eat free in town, that might be handy.
What's On at Tate Modern...
5 Tips on seeing art with kids from the Tate
- Have fun with art ; You and your family can try these activities in any of the galleries.
- Strike a pose ; Get your child to secretly choose an artwork with a person in it. Once they have looked carefully at the pose, find a space in the room and encourage them to try to recreate the pose. The rest of the group can then try and spot the artwork the pose came from.
- Give us a clue ; Encourage your child to find a portrait in the gallery that reminds them of: someone in your group; someone famous; someone you all know (perhaps a neighbour or a friend). With the help of clues, the rest of the group can guess the chosen person.
- See it from their perspective : Get down to your child’s height and see what they see. The change in eye-level might make you think and feel differently.
- Try a change of pace; Take a break and have something to eat. Our cafés offer healthy – and fun – children’s menus and we provide complementary crayons and activities.
[contact-form][contact-field label='Name' type='name' required='1'/][contact-field label='Email' type='email' required='1'/][contact-field label='Mobile' type='text' required='1'/][contact-field label='No of Tickets (Kids Ages & Names please)' type='textarea' required='1'/][contact-field label='Time of Tour You Would Like' type='text' required='1'/][contact-field label='How Did You Hear About The Tour & Have You Signed Up for Culture Club Emails Yet?' type='text'/][contact-field label='Do You Mind If I Your Family Appear in Photos on Social Media for Culture Club?' type='text'/][/contact-form]
VENUE, TRAVEL & OTHER INFO
The Tate are currently running a ‘Kids eat for free’ offer at the restaurant on level 6, and café on level 1 at Tate Modern.
Address : Tate Modern, Bankside, London SE1 9TG
Journey planner : To find your quickest route to Tate Modern (The Tube, Metro), use Transport for London’s Journey planner.
By Tube : The nearest London Underground stations to Tate Modern are:
- Southwark (Jubilee Line, 600 metres approximately)
- Blackfriars (District and Circle Line, 800 metres approximately) has now been reopened
- St Pauls (Central Line, 1,100 metres approximately
The following buses stop near Tate Modern:
- Routes 45, 63 and 100 stop on Blackfriars Bridge Road
- Routes RV1 and 381 stop on Southwark Street
- Route 344 stops on Southwark Bridge Road
The nearest mainline train stations to Tate Modern are:
Blackfriars (300 metres approximately from the South exit; 800 metres approximately from the North exit) & London Bridge (1,100 metres approximately)
Tate to Tate by boat : Plan to visit both London Tate galleries? The Tate Boat runs every forty minutes along the Thames between Tate Britain and Tate Modern. Other river services run between Millbank Pier and Bankside Pier.
By bike : The nearest Barclays Cycle Hire docking stations are located on New Globe Street and Southwark Street.
Cycle Hire : By taxi or Dial-a-Ride A drop off / pick up point is situated on Holland Street, just outside the main entrance.
By car : There are no parking facilities at Tate Modern or in the surrounding streets. Public transport is the easiest way of getting to the gallery.