COLLECTION OF CHILDREN FROM EVENTS;
If a parent/carer wishes for their child to be collected by somebody who does not have parental responsibility (including siblings), the parent/carer must put this in writing to the event organiser on the booking form, and if there are any changes to this information this must be sent to the group leader and/ or on an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by text (with your full name and the Childs name) to 07958 385 929.
In the event of alternative arrangements being made in an emergency, the child’s parent/carer must give verbal consent for the event organiser, or event employee to take the child home. This will be recorded and My Culture Club will write to the parent/carer to confirm that this arrangement was made at their request and with their consent.
Late Collection Procedure
Parents are informed that in the event that their child is not collected from the setting by an authorised adult and no contact has been established with the parents/carers within one hour of the usual collection time, My Culture Club will follow their child protection procedures, i.e. Police will be informed and a safeguarding referral to Children’s Services will be made.
Children’s Act 2004, Children’s Act 1989, Children and Young Person Act 1933
Education Act 2002 www.thegrid.org.uk/info/welfare/child_protection/policy/legislation.shtml Occupier’s Liability Acts 1957 and 1984
All available at http://www.legislation.gov.uk/
Read the Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance notes here
All instructors, educators, and event organisers have DBS certificates.
EVENT PHOTOGRAPHS & VIDEO
By taking part in this event you grant the event organiser full rights to use the images resulting from the photography or video filming, and any reproductions or adaptations of the images for publicity or other purposes to achieve the aims of promoting My Culture Club, and the Event partner. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in printed and online publicity, social media, press releases and reviews.
If you do not wish to be photographed please inform an event organiser.
release forms & image usage for reviews & features
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a contributor release form?
Contributor release forms are used to obtain permission from people featuring in publicity & recorded material. These forms give your permission for your child’s image (on film or in still pictures) to be used.
Why do I need to sign it?
The form needs to be signed by a parent or guardian to give permission for your child to take part in the review project. If you do not specify any restrictions to the usage of the review (text and photos) in response to reading this, we will take it that you happy for My Culture Club to use your review for all publicity and marketing purposes.
What if I don’t agree to sign the form?
If you do not want to sign the form or give consent, this may prevent your child from taking part in the project. Also, My Culture Club will not publish any reviews without full consent from parents/guardians.
My child is 16. Can they sign the form themselves?
No. Only those 18 years and above can give consent for themselves. Anyone 17 years and under is still classed as a child so will need to get a parent or guardian to sign the form.
Will my child’s identify be revealed in the review?
No. We will never link your child’s image with their full name. We won’t include their full names, address or any personal details in the review.
I object to my child’s image being shown on YouTube or used on the website. Can my child still take part in the project?
Yes. My Culture Club is committed to safeguarding children and young people and if there is a reason why your child’s identify should not be revealed in a review, we will ensure that the review is not shared publicly. There are, however, ways to include your child without identifying them such as taking photos of their back, and of them sitting and watching, and being at the venue, with the programme etc
What will My Culture Club do with the Review?
The published review will be published on the Culture Club & Creative Bus Stop blog review page. If there is video available we may feature it on YouTube, and other social media channels, only within the context of the Review, and not for any 3rd party commercial purposes without your consent.
Where will I see my Review ?
I share the review and content with the venue and theatre producers. My aim is to promote the Arts to families across the UK, so I am keen to help the arts companies with promoting their work.
How does the form comply with Data Protection?
The information collected on the Contributor Release Form will be processed by My Culture Club in our records. We will hold the information you give us on computer and use it for filing and to confirm your consent for your child to participate in the project. FYI - In accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998, My Culture Club needs to obtain your consent to contact you by post, telephone, or e-mail for a range of purposes, other than directly related
Consumer Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions "MCC" refers to My Culture Club. MCC sells all tickets as an agent on behalf of the agents, organisers, promoters, artists, venues or producers of an event (referred to as a "Promoter") on these terms and conditions and subject to any other terms, conditions or rules applicable to that event.
1. Tickets you purchase are for personal use. Except as we may agree, you and your party must not re-sell or transfer (or seek to re-sell or transfer) the tickets in breach of the applicable terms. A breach of this condition will entitle MCC or the Promoter to cancel the tickets without prior notification, refund, compensation or liability.
2. In addition to the ticket price your order may require payment of a booking/ concierge fee per ticket, a transaction fees per order and/or other supplementary fees which may apply to the event. Those fees are not refundable except as set out in paragraphs 3, 4, 6, 16, and 35 below.
3. To prevent fraud and protect MCC and you, we may carry out checks and/or you may be asked to provide additional information (such as a copy of a credit or debit card statement) after your booking so we can verify your purchase. If we suspect fraud we may cancel any order or tickets.
4. You must inform MCC of any change of address, contact phone number or email address, both before and after receipt of the tickets (if they are being delivered to you). My preferred method to contact you is email (email@example.com), so you should take care to provide a current, valid email address and be aware that your email filter settings may treat our emails as spam or direct them to your junk folder.
5. An order for tickets is not complete until accepted by me. I try to ensure all prices are accurate but errors may occur. If I discover an error in the price of tickets you have ordered I will inform you as soon as possible and I may either cancel the order (in which case you will be refunded the ticket price and any booking, transaction or supplementary fees you have paid) or give you the option of confirming your order at the correct price.
6. Whilst I allocate specific seats to you we have the right to change these seats to others of equal value.
7. On rare occasions the show or event may be filmed or recorded. Buying a ticket affirms your consent to the filming and sound recording of yourself as a member of the audience. If you have any objection, should this happen when you attend a show or event, please contact a member of the Theatre or Venue Management.
Delivery and collection
8. Tickets may be despatched by post (including secure, registered, recorded and regular post) or made available for collection at an agreed place.
9. I will try to despatch tickets to you promptly by the despatch method agreed at the time of booking but we may, where reasonable, make tickets available for collection at the box office instead of posting them to you if:
posting is impractical due to timing or circumstances beyond my control (e.g. strikes); or
necessary for reasons of identification; or
your tickets are lost in the post
we are otherwise unable to post tickets to you for any reason.
You will be notified by phone, email or in writing (using the contact details provided by you) if this becomes necessary. Please note the conditions for box office collection at paragraph 13 below.
10. For tickets delivered by post, if you have provided an email address you will receive an email confirming despatch of your order.
I cannot usually specify the dates on which you will receive tickets. If you do not inform me of the non-receipt of tickets within a reasonable time (in any event at least 72 hours before the event) I will have no liability to you.
11. If tickets sent by post are returned as marked “addressee gone away”, "addressee unknown" or similar words indicating that you do not reside at the address, your order may be cancelled and the ticket price and any supplementary charges (but not the booking fee or transaction fee) refunded, or your order may be made available for collection at the box office.
12. To collect tickets at the box office the cardholder must present the card or email booking confirmation used to book the tickets as identification. Other identification or letters authorising collection may not be accepted and the tickets may be withheld at the box office.
13. Always check your tickets upon receipt and advise us promptly of any errors. Mistakes when ordering cannot always be corrected and any corrections are discretionary.
Cancellation Rights and Refunds
14. Tickets cannot be transferred, exchanged, or refunded once purchased other than for the reasons set out in these terms and conditions. This is subject to any rights you may have pursuant to Ticket Plan Protection purchased when you bought the tickets.
15. If the event takes place but you do not receive the tickets you have purchased for any of following reasons you will be refunded the ticket price and any booking, transaction or supplementary fees you have paid:
MCC does not receive the tickets from the Promoter and cannot arrange for duplicates to be collected at the box office; or
the tickets have been sent to an address different to the one you specified and you tell us within a reasonable period, as set out at paragraph 11 above, but replacement tickets are not provided; or
your tickets are not despatched and no arrangements are made for the tickets to be available for collection at the box office
16. No duplicate tickets will be issued to replace tickets that have been lost or stolen after they have been delivered to you, and nor will such tickets be refunded.
Cancellation, change or postponement of an event
17. Decisions to change or cancel events are the responsibility of the Promoter. I cannot guarantee to inform you of any change or cancellation of any event or be held responsible for refunds or for any resulting costs you may incur for travel, accommodation, any other related goods or service or other compensation.
18. You should always check that an event is going ahead at the scheduled date, time and venue.
19. If a Promoter cancels an event or makes significant changes to the venue, date, show time or (concerts only) headline act and confirms this to MCC, MCC will try to inform you. This will usually be contacted by letter for phone bookings or email for online bookings. In urgent cases it may be by phone.
20. If an event is rescheduled, changed or moved, the Promoter will usually give you the option of either retaining or exchanging your tickets for the new date/location, or alternatively claiming a refund. If an event is cancelled by the Promoter you will normally be offered a refund. Please note that the Booking Fee and any Transaction Fees are not refundable in these circumstances.
21. If for any reason you are entitled to a refund, in most cases you must return any tickets you have:
follow the refund instructions otherwise you may not receive a refund. If these require you to return the tickets, do so promptly and within the timeframe communicated to you.
tickets should be returned (with copy of the email or letter entitling you to a refund, or a covering note containing your order reference number and contact information) to the specified address by registered post (or an equivalent secure postal method). Please note that the return postage cost is non-refundable.
22. Any refund will usually be paid, using the same method you used to buy the tickets, within 30 days of the original date of the event or the date that we receive your returned tickets, whichever is later.
23. No refunds will be offered under any circumstances if you fail to comply with the all terms and conditions applicable to those tickets, the venue or the event (see paragraph 26 below).
Attending an event
25. Most events are not the responsibility of MCC. If it has been stated that MCC is not the organiser of the events, then it has no responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage of any kind suffered at or in connection with any event (including loss, damage or theft any personal property at an event).
26. Admission to an event is at all times subject to any terms, conditions or rules of the Promoter and the venue operator. If you breach those terms, conditions or rules then the Promoter or venue operator may refuse admission or require you or other ticket holders to leave the venue.
27. Amongst other things you will need to comply with health and safety rules and any security requirements (including security searches for the safety of those attending the event). The venue or the Promoter will have rights to refuse admission or eject you in certain circumstances and these are likely to include if you are involved with abusive, threatening, drunken or other anti-social behaviour, or carry offensive weapons or illegal or prohibited substances or make unauthorised audio, video or photographic recordings. There will often also be rules restricting or preventing the admission of latecomers.
28. MCC will highlight any terms, conditions or rules relating to the event of which it is aware and which it considers particularly significant, onerous or unusual. This will generally include age restrictions, ticket types etc. Information on where you can find full details of relevant terms, conditions or rules will be available from the Promoter or venue operator via the box office or their website or during the online booking process.
29. Before you finalise your booking, please read all the information that applies to the event and/or ticket. If you or any member of your party has particular requirements please raise these when booking and we will endeavour to address your query. There can be no guarantee that requirements can be met if notified at the event.
30. When you receive your tickets check the details carefully. When attending the event, carry proof of age if appropriate.
31. Specific seats may be allocated to you at the time of booking, but the Promoter or venue operator reserves the right to change these seats to others of equal value.
33. We may share your personal information with other colleagues as necessary for the purposes of the event. We will not otherwise share that information for marketing or any other purposes without your consent (as part of the booking process or otherwise) unless required by law.
34. If you have registered, with MCC and or Creative Bus Stop (blog), your interest in receiving marketing or other information and thereby given your consent, you may be contacted with relevant promotions, offers or information that you have expressed an interest in or that might be of interest to you.If you do not wish to receive further material please click here.
35. We will always respect your privacy and any personal communication between you and ourselves. We will always comply with United Kingdom data protection legislation.
Data is collected whilst taking bookings for events and from email subscription lists. We take the security of our customer’s data very seriously and we would like to emphasise the following points regarding the use of your data.
At the time of booking customers are asked if they would mind being contacted by the venue. No direct marketing activity is undertaken to those requesting not to receive contact.
We will use customer data stored for sending newsletters about My Culture Club, and notifying you of discounts, and opportunities for theatre reviews.
All data (except statistical data) will be removed from our database five years after the final contact made.
All marketing emails sent to previous customers and subscription lists will contain information on how to remove that email address from our database.
Whilst every effort is made to protect the security of your data we acknowledge that mistakes are sometimes made. If you would like to discuss the data protection policies further call me directly on 0795 8385929.