The Best Father Christmas Grottos in London
Fortnum and Masons Storytelling with Father Christmas
Tickets £20 per child
This Christmas, children aged 3-11 can join Father Christmas himself, as he tells a very special festive story. In the run-up to Christmas, the Man in Red will be welcoming boys and girls on his Nice List into the Fifth Floor Boardroom to hear a yuletide story like no other, before handing out festive goodie bags to take home, and listening to any of your last-minute present requests. (Yes, parents too).
Please note, places are limited, so early booking is recommended. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times (with a maximum of two adults per child). Times, 12.30pm, 2pm and 3.30pm. Various dates from 3rd - Friday 23rd December.
Breakfast with Father Christmas at Clifton Nurseries
The excitement of a visit from Father Christmas is almost unbearable. On Thursday 22 December the lovely nature loving gang at Clifton are hosting a fabulous breakfast for children in the Quince Tree cafe. The morning will be filled with toys games and fun activities. They've asked Father Christmas to join for breakfast, and bring some presents too. He will park his sleigh and reindeer outside and then come into the cafe with his sack of toys, and have a little chat with each child to make sure he knows what's on their Christmas list this year.
Thursday 22nd December, 0930am : £10 per child
There's also a fab festive evening of demos, with wrapping tips from the amazing Jane Means, and of course, warm mince pies and fizz on Wed 7th December between 7-9pm. It is bound to be a sparkly dose of festive fun fun fun. £12pp, book via the link above.
Kew Christmas is now firmly on the map for families at Christmas. It's the perfect alternative to the mayhem of Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park, as you get to wander around the beautiful Gardens, marvelling at the giant Christmas trees, and see the stunning light displays. The famous Tunnel of Lights is probably the best Christmas selfie spot in London. You can get the kids to count how many lights there are as a challenge (there are only this 60,000 so it won't take long!).
There are also Victorian fair ground rides for the kids, as well as a pot bellied Santa and a few elves ready and waiting at the North Pole Village, for all well behaved parents, I mean children.
Rides operate from 5pm to 9.30pm, £2.50 per ride. Open until 2nd Jan, between 5-10pm
Hamley's Toy Shop Finest Toy Shop Grotto
London's busiest toy shop will also have a visit from, Father Christmas this year. In his will warm and cosy grotto, he will be ready to welcome only very very good children. Once past the red tape, each child will hear a magical story of Christmas, and get the chance to write their own present list.
Available: From 26th November - 24th December 2016 (dates vary in each location)Guests: Maximum 14 children, strictly 1 supervising adult per child Suitable for: Ages 2-8 years with sessions available by age groups 2-5 and 6-8 years (Please be aware activities are very similar with only minor adaptions per age groups) Location: The Hamleys Party Room
Meet Santa at Honeyjam Toy Shop
At our favourite super sweet toyshop in Notting Hill, you can meet Santa on 1st December. Book quickly (£20pp) to see Santa between 3pm - 6pm, and you will also receive a 15% discount to spend in store on the day. There is one adult free with every child's ticket, and each child will receive a photo, and an exciting present.
Other Grotto's Worth A Mention...
1. WILLOWS ACTIVITY FARM, LONDON COLNEY. 23rd November - 24th December 2016. Open 10am - 5:30pm. Prices from £9 for adults and £24.75 for children (rising to £29+ during peak times) - see website for details. Suitable for all ages.
2. SANTA'S GROTTO @ VAN HAGE, GREAT AMWELL. Saturday 5th November to Saturday 24th December 2016. Open 10am - 5pm. Tickets are £7.50 and booking is a must. Suitable for all ages. Location: Van Hage, Great Amwell, Pepper Hill, Hertfordshire, SG12 9RP
More info: http://www.vanhage.co.uk/santa-s-grotto-amwell-11173.html
3. CHRISTMAS AT BLENHEIM, OXFORDSHIRE. 25th November - 2nd January 2017. Open from 5pm - 10pm (trails are every 30 minutes). Tickets are £16 for adults and £10 for children (in advance), under 5s go free. It's an additional £5 to park the car.
4. LAPLAND UK, ASCOT, BERKSHIRE. From Saturday 19th November until Christmas Eve 2016. Tours depart from 9am - 5pm. Prices from £75 - £109 (for premium days). Suitable for all ages.
Location: Whitmoor Forest, The Windsor Estate, Berkshire, SL5 8BD
More info: http://www.laplanduk.co.uk
5. FATHER CHRISTMAS AT THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL. Tuesday 6th - Saturday 24th December 2016 (a couple of dates are already sold out). Time slots from 9:30am - 4:30pm. Tickets are £26.50 per child, accompanying adults go FREE! Recommended for 2+ (babies in arms can be carried and don't need a ticket, but won't get a pressie).
Do you have recommendations on any Santa grotto's local to you? Please leave a comment below, as I'd love to have your recommendations. I know that there are lots of fun events that are available at local school fairs, and community groups, that all help with fundraising - which we'd love to know more about too.