What is My Culture Club?
My Culture Club is a one stop website for people and schools or groups to find the best things to do in one place. I offer hand picked events which are either full price, or reduced prices (for groups). I offer a personalised consultancy for those that want a more bespoke service with their event family itinerary. I also have a database of members who review shows for me, in return for a few words & photos to use on the Culture Club or Creative Bus Stop blog.
Ticket & Concierge Booking Charges
- Culture Club charges an administration fee on the face value of your ticket
- This covers e-commerce/finance charges, postal charges, booking administration, company running charges and concierge services involved with your personalised booking.
- As Culture Club is a personalised service, each recommendation you receive is researched thoroughly, and vetted to ensure it is the most suitable event for you.
- You have access to your Culture Club contact at any time regarding your booking, so it is a very personalised service. You always get to contact a 'real' person, and we can assist you with all range of issues from lost tickets, directions, access to venues to parking and recommendations on places to eat.
My Culture Club Benefits
- Stress free booking in one place, online
- Help you out with reselling if you have to cancel (no promises!)
- Curated shows & events for you, so you save time searching for the best things for your diary
- A personal service, helping with any extras/ requirements on the day etc
- I try and secure savings on tickets where I can, but this usually only works on group bookings of 8/10+, and it differs from show to show
- Members get invites to review shows for free, in return for a few photos !
- Goody bags at my bespoke group events for all the kids
- Discounts at local restaurants at my bespoke events
- I charge a fee to cover the company administration and e-commerce costs
- Free postage/ delivery when tickets are forwarded for large groups
- Clients are charged between 8-12.5% fees of their booking total
- The larger the group, the better the savings for everyone
Do I have to pay to be a Culture Club member?
No, at the moment membership fees are waived.
If you need to contact me, you can either phone on 07958 385 929, or you can email me at email@example.com . (My office hours is open Monday to Friday 9.30 AM to 5 PM)
How does Culture Club offer the savings it features?
The savings that I offer run for a time limited period of time, this is how I am able to offer reduced prices.
What is 'face value'?
The face value of a ticket is set by the event organisers. They don't pay me anything to sell their tickets, so in order to make money MCC has to charge a little bit on top. The ticket cost is the face value plus the booking fee.I have to do this on a per-ticket basis to cover the cost of providing a 7 days a week, 24 hours a day booking service, labour costs, credit card commissions and all the other costs associated with running a small business.
For some shows, such as those held in West End theatres, I pay a restoration levy collected on behalf of the theatre.
Purchasing and Payments
How do I make a purchase?
All purchases are made from the BOOK TICKETS page. Once you click the purchase button you will be taken through a secure checkout process where you select the options for your purchase.
What happens after I make a purchase?
After your purchase is complete you will receive an Order Confirmation via email.
What payment methods do you accept?
You can pay by Debit or Credit Card (Visa and MasterCard) via STRIPE or APPLE PAY.
Can I purchase multiple items on Culture Club?
Yes, if you are having trouble putting more than one ticket in your basket. Go back to the home page, and then try again, the website cookies, keep account of your basket contents, and hold them for you.
I cannot see the purchase on my bank statement, when will the money be taken from my account?
Your card is charged as soon as you make a purchase via our website. It can sometimes take a few days for the purchase to be shown on your statement.
I have not received a confirmation email, what should I do?
If you have not received a confirmation email it is likely that your purchase has been unsuccessful. Contact me by email firstname.lastname@example.org so I can check the status of your purchase for you.
How is my payment information secured ?
I use the secure payment gateway STRIPE to encrypt all our transaction information.
Purchasing Experiences and Days Out
I would like to choose my seats.
Please make a note on your booking, or email me before you make the booking, to discuss this. At many of the events the seats are allocated by the event organiser, and often allocated in small bunches of seats, i.e. groups of 4, 6, 8 and so on.
What does it mean if the event is described as having unreserved seating?
If an event has unreserved seating then this means that the seats will usually be allocated on a first come first served at the venue basis by the event organiser.
I have booked a seated event and would like to change my date.
I will always try to accommodate changes to bookings. However changes to dates and seating depend on availability and are down to the discretion of the event organiser.
Refunds, Delivery and Postage
I have changed my mind, can I get a refund?
I do not offer refunds on any purchases, as all tickets are paid for in advance by myself.
My debit card has expired, can I still get a refund?
On the advice of our bank, we only refund the card that was originally used to pay – this is to make sure that the refund goes to the right place and avoids any problems or discrepancies. Most of the time, if you've had a replacement card for the same account the refund will go into your account anyway and you won't need to do anything.
If your account is closed or you've had a replacement card and the refund still isn't appearing in your account after 10 working days, please contact the card issuer. They'll be holding the funds for you and will be able to arrange a transfer to your new account.
My refund is not showing on my bank statement, what should I do?
If you cannot see your refund please contact us so we can clarify the status of your refund.
Can I amend the delivery address after I have made my purchase?
If you would like to amend the delivery please contact me as soon as possible so I can pass the new details onto the supplier. We cannot promise it will always be possible to amend this however.
Do I need to pay for postage?
If payment for postage is required this will be clearly communicated on the product detail page and on your Order Summary as you go through the checkout process. The cost of postage depends on the item that you are purchasing. The postage will either be free, or a flat fee or per item.
The event I bought tickets for has been cancelled what do I do?
If an event has been cancelled by the event organiser we will automatically organise a full refund for you.
The tickets I have paid for are a present, can I get them sent directly to that person?
Yes, once you are in the checkout process you will be asked for a delivery name and address, here you can specify the recipients details.
Culture Club Events - non collection of children policy
In the event that a parent/carer or authorised adult does not collect a child at the end of the session/day or an After School Club, we put into practice agreed procedures. These ensure that an experienced and qualified practitioner who is running the session cares for the child safely. It is a statutory requirement for us to contact local authority children’s social care if a child is not collected according to the guidelines set out below.
In the event that a parent/carer or authorised adult does not collect a child, we will ensure that the child receives a high standard of care in order to cause as little distress as possible. We inform parents/carers of our procedures so that, if they are unavoidably delayed, they will be reassured that their children will be cared for properly.
1. Parents/carers of children when booking their place are asked to provide specific information which is recorded on our Confidential Form, including:
Home address, landline and mobile telephone numbers of both parents plus the contact details of at least one alternative responsible adult (relative, friend etc.) who can assist in contacting parents/carers or authorised adults
Place of work telephone number (if applicable)
Names, addresses, telephone numbers and signatures of adults who are authorised
by the parents/carers to collect their child, for example a childminder or grandparent (each an “authorised adult”). These are held on the our system and on a register on the event day.
2. On occasions when parents/carers or the persons normally authorised to collect a child are not able to collect the child, they inform MCC (My Culture Club) in writing of the name, address and telephone number of the person who will be collecting their child if they are not one of the approved, pre-authorised adults. Parents will be asked to introduce the person collecting in these circumstances to the organisers in advance or where this is not practicable to provide satisfactory identifying information.
3. It is the responsibility of parents/carers to inform the authorised adults of any changes to the usual collection timings
4. Parents/carers are informed that if they are not able to collect the child as planned; they must inform us so that we can ensure the child is cared for an agreed amount of time.
5. If a child is not collected at the end of their registered session/day, we implement the following procedures:
The organiser and educator will be alerted and will make every attempt to contact one of the parents/carers or authorised adults.
If contact is made, the child will be reassured and kept under supervision with the event organiser as appropriate to await collection.
If no telephone contact can be made, the Event Organiser will be informed and will monitor the situation. We will continue to attempt to make contact.
If, after an appropriate period of time and taking into account all available information, the child still has not been collected, and no telephone contact has been made with parents/carers or authorised adults, this would constitute a safeguarding concern and the decision will be made by the Event Organiser to contact local authority children’s social care to notify the non-collection concern. Local authority children’s social care will, if necessary, make emergency arrangements for the child and arrange for a visit to be made to the child’s house and will check with the police. The School will make a full written report of the incident
We undertake to look after the child safely throughout the time that they remain under the School’s care, until such a time as the child has been collected by a parent, guardian or carer, or until appropriate, alternative care arrangements have been made with local authority children’s social care and/or the police in order to prioritise the child’s safety
The Event Organiser will keep a record of incidents where parents/carers do not collect a child from School or are late for no explained or good reason, or where there are repeated incidents. If any concerns about a child’s safety and welfare result, these will be dealt with in accordance with our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy