london transport School Party Travel Scheme
Your school can benefit if you're:
- A London school (including summer, special needs and nursery schools)
- Registered on the scheme
- You're eligible for a maximum of two trips per child per term. For each application you can have a maximum of 90 children and 18 adults.
- They allow a maximum of two adults for every 10 children in a school party.
- Visiting educational, sporting and cultural venues in London
- You can apply for School Party Travel tickets up to three months before your date of travel.
- You must apply at least 14 days before the date of your trip
If your school is registered for the School Party Travel scheme, you're eligible for a maximum of two trips per child per term. For each application you can have a maximum of 90 children and 18 adults.
OFSTED framework FOR SCHOOL OUTINGS
- Ensure that pupils are reflective about beliefs, values and more profound aspects of human experience, using their imagination and creativity, and developing curiosity in their learning
- Take part in a range of activities requiring social skills
- Develop an appreciation of theatre, music, art and literature. Responding positively to a range of artistic, sporting and other cultural opportunities
- Understanding and appreciating the range of different cultures within school and further afield as an essential element of their preparation for life
- To overcome barriers to learning
health & safety tips
- Check your behaviour contract : Ensure that all students understand a reasonable level of behaviour is expected from them before the visit begins.
- First Aid & Emergencies : Decide in advance who is responsible for medical records, medication, the first aid kit, insurance details, and that all adults are aware of the what to do in an emergency.
- Leaders : Ensure that each leader has been briefed on their responsibilities, and that one Group Leader oversees child head counts.
- Grouping : Divide children into groups, and make them aware of their responsibility to each other.
- Communication : Establish channels of communication between each group leader. Distribute mobile phone lists, and any other essential information.